Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dodgy MKII on ebay

Article about: I don't know what to say, is getting really bad out there. I see this seller is often mentioned here and rightly so, camo etc... can fool even the seller, but trying to pass this one for WWI

Default Dodgy MKII on ebay

I don't know what to say, is getting really bad out there.
    I see this seller is often mentioned here and rightly so, camo etc... can fool even the seller, but trying to pass this one for WWII item i think they are really out to cheat people

Isn't this a post-war Belgian shell ?

Dodgy MKII on ebayDodgy MKII on ebayDodgy MKII on ebay

WW2 BRITISH ARMY STEEL HELMET + LINER & CHINSTRAP.

?

I know, he has really surpassed himself this time.
    Not only has he added his usual fake 2nd infantry div flash, but its not even on a WW2 British helmet. A post war Belgium Mk2.

Thx for the heads up guys ;-)

SMP
    ?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    I know, he has really surpassed himself this time.
    Not only has he added his usual fake 2nd infantry div flash, but its not even on a WW2 British helmet. A post war Belgium Mk2.
    You said it ! He must have stuck that damn "Crossed Keys" badge on a hundred different helmets. Shameless !

Words fail me, another crook who needs jailing
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

A terrible attempt at a British unit insignia MKII. Belgium post war helmet as you quite rightly say. I hate to say it, but the faking of the MKII's, in all respects is getting much more common sadly. Leon.

?

What I don't understand is the fact that after all these fakes he sells,he still has 100% positive feedback,

As per the current dissolving of what little morals were at play on eBay, both from the corporate side and the sellers, eBay is seeing fit to remove negative feedback as "requested".

I don't leave feedback if the transaction was just merely unpleasant... but if the situation warrants it, I will leave a negative feedback to warn other buyers.

Unfortunately in the last year, I've left 6 negatives, didn't really have a choice in the matter, it was... that bad.

As of today, only one of those 6 negatives is still up, five of them were simply removed by eBay.

For all I know they are all gone.

I think eBay's rationale is that once a payment is refunded, "no transaction has ever taken place", or something like that which helps them sleep at night (as if this corporate machine had a conscience).

Makes me look pretty swell as a buyer tho... ;-) Flip through my "Feedback left as a buyer" and it's all roses

?

I can't see the "obvious" signs to this being post war, the liner suspension nut seems different, and the chinstrap also seems different.....what are the other redo flags to look for......I own a number of Aussie WW2 lids and was just curious how this Belgian one is different

Post-war made Belgian Mk.IIs have a dimple in the top of the crown where the head of the suspension bolt sinks in to. it's pretty obvious in the first 2 pics.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast