Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early war Wardens Mk2

Article about: In 1939 it was decided that ARP & home front helmets should be painted black, before this they were painted khaki green. If you have a number of home front helmets painted black I bet so

?

Default Early war Wardens Mk2

In 1939 it was decided that ARP & home front helmets should be painted black, before this they were painted khaki green.
    If you have a number of home front helmets painted black I bet some are inside khaki green, where they changed over to the black.
    For some reason this one stayed khaki green, whether by choice or they might have left the ARP taking the helmet with them.
    Making this one quite rare & hard to find.
    The shell is dated 1939 & made by F&L, but chin strap lugs dated 1938, liner is a HELMETS Ltd made one & dated 1939.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early war Wardens Mk2   Early war Wardens Mk2  

Early war Wardens Mk2   Early war Wardens Mk2  

Another cracking example and quite rare then from what you post.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Another nice Home front lid Aaron there is a green wardens lid posted on ebay Original Wwii WW2 British AIR Raid Warden'S Helmet Vintage Collectible | eBay right now priced rather high I found it quite odd compared to most wardens helmets I have seen due to the green paint on the interior and exterior of the helmet and still think the color it self a little off .

Regards Mark K

?

Hi Mark,
    It's a WW2 British helmet but used by the Irish, here's some others,some were used during the war & others like the ones with CS on the front are post war.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early war Wardens Mk2   Early war Wardens Mk2  

Attached Images Attached Images Early war Wardens Mk2  Early war Wardens Mk2 

?

Thanx Aaron it all makes sense now I never even considered the possibility of it being an Irish used helmet.

Regards Mark K

?

Whoever has bid on this helmet has bid an awful lot of money, as they are not as collectable as WW2 British home front helmets.