Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

English brodie helmet ! 1943 !

Article about: Hi guys. here is a helmet I bought 22-23 years ago in a lot of 4 helmets. I bought this and a us M1 former para helmet, a german and the guy`s own helmet he wore during the war ! ( Danish br

Default English brodie helmet ! 1943 !

Hi guys. here is a helmet I bought 22-23 years ago in a lot of 4 helmets. I bought this and a us M1 former para helmet, a german and the guy`s own helmet he wore during the war ! ( Danish brigade / sweden ). Have kept this and the us M1 helmet. But don`t know nothing about allied helmets ? So can`t give any informations about this helmet ! Hope some of you can give some informations about it !? Here some pics. ! Let me know what you think about it !! Thanks. SF English brodie helmet ! 1943 !English brodie helmet ! 1943 !English brodie helmet ! 1943 !English brodie helmet ! 1943 !English brodie helmet ! 1943 !English brodie helmet ! 1943 !English brodie helmet ! 1943 !English brodie helmet ! 1943 !English brodie helmet ! 1943 !

?

It's got a nice early war net,but I'm not sure about the paint on the helmet. By 43 it should be dark brown textured paint inside & out, from those pics I can't tell.
    The liner should be dated, if you have a close look.

Hi Tinlid. Thanks for your reply ! As I wrote I know nothing about allied helmets. This helmet was pick`d up in copenhagen in may 45. With a US M1 and a german helmet !! Where shall I look for markings in the liner ? Any markings in shell to look for ? Thanks SF

?

You have the date on the chin strap lugs, & close to them should also be another date & also a maker name.
    The liner will be dated I expect somewhere on it. Here's some pics to show you what to look for.
    Can you do some other pics of the helmet as well.
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture English brodie helmet ! 1943 !   English brodie helmet ! 1943 !  

English brodie helmet ! 1943 !   English brodie helmet ! 1943 !  

Hi tinlid. thanks for your help here !! and sorry for the late response !! been busy !! I just took a look at the helmet ! And removed the net ! Was not happy about that, since the net has been on the helmet since the war. But now it`s done ! Here what I found out ! I can`t see any stamps on liner and shell ! Nothing ! The helmet is paint brushed inside and outside ! First mat green all over ! And then brown on the outside ! not textured but smooth paint. Can see the green trough the brown where it got scratches ! The rim is (I think) stainless steel as like the us M1 Helmets ! Spotwelded on the shell ! Thats all I can tell ! Hope this will help to tell what it is !? Thanks again tinlid for your help !! SF