Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Estate D-bale

Article about: Hi...I picked up this helmet along with a Luftwaffe helmet in Brussels today...the guy I bought it from cleans out houses in Belgium and doesn't really deal in militaria...the shell is in im

?

I can't see from the pics but is the rim seam at the front or rear?

Not to jump on the band wagon late, but when I first opened this thread yesterday my first and immediate negative reaction was to the cork texturing, unevenly applied, as often seen with repro lids. Then the other red flags quickly added up, and in my mind it was a reenactor's special. I am not an M1 expert, however, and wanted to see the opinions of those more experienced in this area of the hobby. Too bad it isn't real. Jim G.

?

As to the question of the liner being rigger modified I am of the opinion that it is a fabrication .
    I would expect to see the A yokes set about one inch below the existing suspension with a different set of rivets by themselves to the liner and not tucked under the A -washers which suggests to me that this was fully intended to look the part of a factory produced M-1 C Para liner .
    I would expect that a rigger modified liner would look very similar to this 1967 dated M-1 C from my collection notice the placement of the A-yokes and how they are attached to the liner .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Estate D-bale  

The rim seam is at the front heat stamp 267A

Well it's unfortunate...I guess I'll keep on playing the lottery...but I do once again thank you for your opinions...as for the helmet...my friends a reenactor so I'll probably just sell it to him...I know one shouldn't ask any questions on value...! Yet I just wanna know if I can get my money back when I sell it ...paid 300...once again thank you...ps I'll show pics of the luftwaffe helmet also

The Luftwaffe helmet I picked up...paid 170 hope that wasn't too much...
    EF62 lot 31487 unusual small size...had a name at one time...anyone know why the split pins were painted over grayish zimmermint color?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Estate D-bale   Estate D-bale  

Estate D-bale   Estate D-bale  

Removed eagle?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Estate D-bale  

As I said I wish it was a good one for you.
    Just to add a little more.
    I have seen firestone liners with the “A” frames fixed below the “A” washers before, but wither this was done at a factory or so called rigger applied or even if there real I don’t know. What I will say is the ones I have seen had OD7 “A” frames on them and wire buckles.

I am surprised that your helmet doesn’t have dimples with that low heat stamp number as I’m sure these were still on fixed bails of that time period.

Also the top right picture of the bales that you have shown is also bogus.

J Murry sell reproduction M2s to give you an idea of value if that helps.
    Hope you find that special item one day we all dream of.
    Post your German helmet in the German helmet section at the top of the main page for more results from the guys in the know.
    Best of luck.
    Rod

?

Quote by ajk99US View Post
    The rim seam is at the front heat stamp 267A
    Ah ok at least it's a ww2 US lid. Oh well you win some, you lose some. On to to next one.

That is true...thank you for your input...as for the dimples...it may be as less as a production flaw...and thank you for the information on value of the repro M2s!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2