Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ex ARP(now "R") MKII HELMET

Article about: Good morning friends, I am waiting on this Rescue helmet that is a 1939 dated shell and liner. Apparently it was an ARP marked helmet that was period over painted leaving only the "R&qu

Default ex ARP(now "R") MKII HELMET

Good morning friends, I am waiting on this Rescue helmet that is a 1939 dated shell and liner. Apparently it was an ARP marked helmet that was period over painted leaving only the "R" visible for rescue party use. I would guess that the over painting of full ARP insignia was fairly common as I have never seen a real one. Thoughts and opinions are as ever most appreciated, Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ex ARP(now "R") MKII HELMET   ex ARP(now "R") MKII HELMET  

?

Very common for these helmets to be over painted,so no worries, in fact it only adds to a helmet.
    Here's a few over paints.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ex ARP(now "R") MKII HELMET   ex ARP(now "R") MKII HELMET  

ex ARP(now "R") MKII HELMET   ex ARP(now "R") MKII HELMET  

Hi Aaron, thanks for those images of other over painted helmets, they really do tell another aspect of the helmets history when you can see the "shadow" of a former use. Leon.

Hi chaps, it's here at last! A nice rescue helmet dated 1939 and in pretty good order. The only difference from it's description is that it is an ex FAP helmet and not ARP, but that makes no difference to me, so all's well! I hope you like it. Leon.

ex ARP(now "R") MKII HELMET   ex ARP(now "R") MKII HELMET  

?

A nice re-issue, is it the light, or is there an 1/2 band under the the black paint below the R going around the helmet?

?

Hi Leon another great Mk II and I could not agree more IMO the over painting just adds to the history of said helmet and it's long service life .
    I have a Military police helmet and a Regimental Police helmet that have been repainted much in the same manner as the old lettering is still visable beneath the difference being they were reused by the same branch of service.

Regards Mark

Quote by tinlid View Post
    A nice re-issue, is it the light, or is there an 1/2 band under the the black paint below the R going around the helmet?
    Hi Aaron, it is just the light I'm afraid, I noticed that "band" once I had taken the picture but in hand there is no sign of it either by eye or touch. It's just an optical illusion. Leon.

?

Very nice Leon, you are making me jealous now, I really like the home front helmets and they are some of the best value for money you can get, but since I moved to the US it's not viable to buy them.

Steve

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Very common for these helmets to be over painted,so no worries, in fact it only adds to a helmet.
    Here's a few over paints.
    The DC is very interesting, I was under the impression (I can't remember where I read it) that the De-Contamination Parties were mostly converted over to First aid and Rescue Parties when the fear of chemical attack didn't materialise, so it suprises me that an RP/R was repainted DC. I had an RP/R that was repainted a R, so maybe they were reduced in number at some point, I think I'm right in saying that RP/R is the hardest to find of the RP/ helmets.

Steve.

?

As the war was drawing to a close, I think DC parties were reduced, a bit like the home guard right at the end of the war.
    I think RP/S is probably the hardest to find, RP/ Sewage. Haven't even seen one before, & RP/G for gas, are also quite hard to get.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast