Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Factory air raid wardens helmet?

Article about: Hi there, I've had this helmet for a few years and wondered if anyone knows any info about it please? Such as the location of the factory where it was used. Thanks alot.

Default Factory air raid wardens helmet?

Hi there, I've had this helmet for a few years and wondered if anyone knows any info about it please? Such as the location of the factory where it was used. Thanks alot.
    Attached Images Attached Images Factory air raid wardens helmet?  Factory air raid wardens helmet? 

Default Re: Factory air raid wardens helmet?

doesn't anyone know any info bout this helmet please?

Hi Jay, I have looked at it and tried to search the Company's name, but to no avail.

Good original helmet though.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi, In the last year or so I've seen a couple of these helmets on Ebay. But I'm affraid, I can't help you out. Aaron.

Thanks for trying anyway Ade and Aaron, I really appreciate it

Quote by LondonJay View Post
    Hi there, I've had this helmet for a few years and wondered if anyone knows any info about it please? Such as the location of the factory where it was used. Thanks alot.
    hi,ive got this helmet in my collection which i bought many years ago privately the company is birmingham batteries company.

Nice one mate thanks for the info Jay.

I've been told there were hundreds....possibly thousands of these helmets....I have one marked "C of W" (Clerk of Works..with the same badge) and it's said that a number of roles/ranks are out there. I've certainly seen a number of helmets similar to yours although yet to find one with another role title

Hi, there are a lot of these Battery Symblem helmets appearing now and they are indeed from a Birmingham factory. Nice avatar picture by the way Composite! Leon.

Thank you...I recall talking to a dealer at the (old) Bedford Arms Fair (now Milton Keynes)......he talked about having hundreds...keeping the best ones and working through the rest......I'll try to dig out a pic of the Clerk of Works one.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast