Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

factory zuckerman cph

Article about: oh no another zuckerman you cry this is the second one ive picked up lately in a size large, made by the pressed steel company ,the leather liner had no visible stamps but i did find a circu

Default factory zuckerman cph

oh no another zuckerman you cry this is the second one ive picked up lately in a size large, made by the pressed steel company ,the leather liner had no visible stamps but i did find a circular stamp on the inside which has the size 7 3/4 and date of 1941 ,the sico emblem isnt a stencil but has been carefully scratched into the steel work down to the bare metal wether period done or just a complete made up load of nonsence i really dont know but i can say the patina matches other bare metal scratches here and there and there are stacking marks across the S1 ,another interesting find is the side indentation ,this looks to be deliberate as it seems to have been stamped with a number punch (8) ? im just wondering if this is a common practise as ive never encountered this before ,my first line of research hasn't drawn up much on this SICO company ,allthough there is a mention stateside of a manufacturing company that opened up sister companies in europe in the early 1900's,so any help on this would be great ,im sure i can do a running repair to this chinstrap and was a pleasant surprise to see it in place as opposed a simple length of material or string , there's one thing for sure i certainly wouldnt wear it in this day and age ,there's enough sicko's out there as it is so your thought's please should i stick it on the shelf with the others or frisbee it down the road factory zuckerman cphfactory zuckerman cphfactory zuckerman cphfactory zuckerman cphfactory zuckerman cphfactory zuckerman cphfactory zuckerman cphfactory zuckerman cphfactory zuckerman cphfactory zuckerman cph
    Last edited by James C; 01-23-2015 at 11:42 PM.

Get it on the shelf with the rest of 'em!......

thanks paul ,will do mate

?

Hi James I really like these one off kind of helmets they keep collecting interesting for me .
    I would stick her on the shelf and display it with the rest of your helms hard to say when it was engraved in the steel but if done post war it does raise the question of why choose this specific word just my two cents.

Regards Mark

Definatly on the shelf, you might never find one with a dent like that again.

Best regards Matt
    Last edited by Steelhead10; 01-24-2015 at 09:11 AM.

thank you mark and nice to hear from you i agree with you on these interesting one off's ,the what i initially thought was stencilling caught my eye ,so i just had to make that purchase and to be fair it didnt break the bank ,sometimes we never get definitive answers on certain helmets which is a shame but they do make for good discussion ,id be a lot happier knowing this company was manufacturing around the same time as helmet's year of issue, thank you matty if it gets your vote of confidence then thats good enough for me the indentation is something ive not seen before ,perhaps it was just this company's practise ,at first i thought somebody had taken a pot shot with an air rifle unless of course the ballistic properties of the humble zuckerman have never fully been proven i will take on board all your advice guys and find a place on the shelf ,on a side note my father in law worked in capenhurst cheshire around the late 70's and he can recall an outbuilding on site stacked to the brim with these cph helmets ,i wonder if there still there cheers james

Hi James, I have no idea what that engraving could refer to but I most defiantly would not use it as a Frisbee. Just think about the poor dog's teeth if it mis-timed it's jump! Leon.

[ I just googled SICA, and they are an Italian company who make loud speakers, so maybe this was used by a 60's hippie at a flower power rave!!}

What if you read it as S1 ico. or S1 I.C.O.?? That could perhaps mean Incident Command Officer, or Incident Control Officer, and the S1 perhaps Section 1?? An Incident Command Officer is the person responsible for all aspects of an emergency response, and maybe this is a possibility here?

Just a guess....

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi James, I have no idea what that engraving could refer to but I most defiantly would not use it as a Frisbee. Just think about the poor dog's teeth if it mis-timed it's jump! Leon.

[ I just googled SICA, and they are an Italian company who make loud speakers, so maybe this was used by a 60's hippie at a flower power rave!!}
    thanks leon i did the same and searched the web ,the sico name throws up lots of different subsidery companies all over the globe but seem to originate in the states ,they all seem to manufacture a whole range of products from paint to glass and office furniture but this is possibly what they make these days and not back in the day ,information is hard to find

thanks for your thoughts ned its a possibility and of course a most welcome one if correct

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast