Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fake DR helmet on ebay

Article about: He has another one. WW2 BRITISH BEF Steel Helmet Complete and Original. | eBay Ill post a pic when I get home. It's a private listing too. Best Regards, Andy Here it is:

?

Default Fake DR helmet on ebay

Just in case someone here was going to buy this one, DON'T. Again he has used the fake 2nd div sign on this helmet just like the one on a MkIII which when I sold it to him it did'nt have, but did when he sold it on ebay. Pretty sure this is the post war Belgium levior helmet made to look like the WW2 British Helmets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake DR helmet on ebay   Fake DR helmet on ebay  

Fake DR helmet on ebay  

?

Default Re: Fake DR helmet on ebay

Thanks for the info tinlid.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

NCA
    ?

*sigh*
    You have to be so careful in this hobby...No doubt someone will get duped and be none the wiser.
    Reminds me of a so called ww2 para helmet on there a while ago, it was a butchered DR helmet and surprise surprise the only bit of damage was right where the (postwar) date would have been on the sweatband.
    Mind you, the price it made i dont think serious collectors were fooled.

I see 'militarytrader' is selling this helmet.

NCA
    ?

So the decal is fake?What about the stamping inside the liner?

?

the stamping inside the liner does look good, but all the HCDR's are stamped in the leather sweat band. A bit like all his paper lables they look old but it's amazing what you can do with a bit of tea.

This reminds me of a while ago on a dutch advertising site. A man was selling a tank overall and a ton of people bid. Dont get me wrong it was a real one from the army BUT: The only little damage on it was... Well ill give a example : Date: 19... The last 2 numbers where gone because of a button

Hey guys just a curious question, when you spot a fake on Ebay do you send the seller a message and let him know that he's selling a fake? Whether or not they actually know if they are selling shouldn't they be alerted to the fact that someone recognizes their item as a fake? IDK if that's proper etiquette but I think neither is selling a fake item. Just curious. Thanks.

?

Some sellers will still sell a fake item whether you tell them or not, that's why it's good to go on the forums to try to spot them with the info that's here before you buy.

For sure tinlid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast