Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

few of my helmets from childhood.

Article about: many thanks bugz so its a motorcycle helmet ,i couldnt be sure ,such a shame about the knawing rats problem ,i left an old gas mask in my shed ,over a period of time i later found mice had c

?

Default few of my helmets from childhood.

Few of my helmet collection i have had since childhood, hoping you guys would like a look, and may know a little about them?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture few of my helmets from childhood.   few of my helmets from childhood.  

few of my helmets from childhood.  

?

can take more pics if youd like a closer look at anything

?

Some pics of the insides would be good, looks like a nice civilian protective helmet with SFP on the front for supplementary fire party.
    A Nice collection of stuff

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Some pics of the insides would be good, looks like a nice civilian protective helmet with SFP on the front for supplementary fire party.
    A Nice collection of stuff
    No problem, coming right up
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture few of my helmets from childhood.   few of my helmets from childhood.  

?

the rest

few of my helmets from childhood.   few of my helmets from childhood.  

?

Great stuff! And welcome to our fine forum. You'll find this place very pleasant and respectful as opposed to some other online sites. We are family here.

?

Well Bugz they are all home front helmets,the CPH with SFP was made by Pressed steel co & dated March 1941 & is a size Medium. Any date/maker name on the liner?
    Next is a Mk2 No.2C for home front use, is it SCD on the front. Will be dated 1940-41 & either made by BMB,F&L, E.C & Co or J.S.S.
    The grey Mk2 is a No.2 A, one hole in the brim, same for the black Mk2, No.2A. A nice collection of home fronters, any army Mk2's?

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Well Bugz they are all home front helmets,the CPH with SFP was made by Pressed steel co & dated March 1941 & is a size Medium. Any date/maker name on the liner?
    Next is a Mk2 No.2C for home front use, is it SCD on the front. Will be dated 1940-41 & either made by BMB,F&L, E.C & Co or J.S.S.
    The grey Mk2 is a No.2 A, one hole in the brim, same for the black Mk2, No.2A. A nice collection of home fronters, any army Mk2's?
    The sfp liner is marked 6 1/2 jrs 1941.
    It does look like it once read "scd" on the front, what would that have been? its a jss.
    Are you talking the holes near the strap? if so they have three?

welcome to the forum bugz ,you have a nice collection there ,can i ask what the silver painted helmet is about ,it looks like a brit rac type ,and can you tell us more about the flight helmet , what caused the deterioration to the leather ,thanks for sharing ,james

?

Quote by James C View Post
    welcome to the forum bugz ,you have a nice collection there ,can i ask what the silver painted helmet is about ,it looks like a brit rac type ,and can you tell us more about the flight helmet , what caused the deterioration to the leather ,thanks for sharing ,james
    Yeah the silver one is an old "cafe racer" type puddin basin motorcycle helmet, made by cromwell protective headwear, made in england. From at least the 60's, im thinking older.
    Gifted to me as a child for my hat collection by a young friend. He was given it by his grandfather who owned/wore the helmet.

The flight helmet has been chewed up by rats, to make matters worse i actually have my own pest control company. Maybe the rats having a little revenge on me?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast