Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finally got my rare French Adrian helmet in

Article about: Got this today after waiting almost 2 weeks and wow what a nice helmet and its also named , from what some of you guys told me its consider a experimental helmet as some collectors call it a

Default Finally got my rare French Adrian helmet in

Got this today after waiting almost 2 weeks and wow what a nice helmet and its also named , from what some of you guys told me its consider a experimental helmet as some collectors call it a model 23, as you notice no rivets on dome or sides, I took the liner out to show how it attaches to the helmet and also took closeup pics of the writing on the helmet and liner the only thing missing is the buckle to tighten the chip strap, also if you can translate what it says on liner that will be a big help

Thanks
    Jack

I'm able to decipher "Policia 139" (Police)...which indicates possible use by either Spanish/ Latin American Law Enforcement at some point in time...I can't make out the word beneath...The French "RF" front plate appears to be a later addition, replacing a previous larger insignia, judging by the rust rings and obvious difference in paint...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 01-22-2015 at 05:28 PM.

My phone don't take the best pictures but the paint on badge matches the paint on helmet, there's rust on the edges of the dome also making it look like the dome was like the badge, it's really dirty and dusty, the badge might have been replaced during ww2 the pins inside are rusty so it's been on there for awhile

Interesting liner set-up, much simpler than the German or even the Italian liners...Adrians have seen widespread service in Europe, North Africa, South America, Russia and others throughout the 20th century...Reissues & variations are bound to be encountered...
    Cool score, who knows what all this lid has seen since the 1920s, and it will display nicely!...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks Glenn, won this on eBay paid $61.40 which included shipping so I am happy with it, liner is cool how it just snaps onto to helmet with ease

I had an M26 many years ago but I sold it, and now I find myself wanting another one for my display...I think you paid a good price with the free shipping included...These aren't as plentiful nor as cheap as they used to be, especially with insignia & liner...Here's an old German advertisement offering captured Adrians as souvenirs....
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finally got my rare French Adrian helmet in  

I,

I don't think it's a Adrian mdl 23, the 23 haven't got this fixation for the liner.

perhaps an export helmet... the infantry insignia is not the original insignia, a bigger was on the helmet before this one.

i will look in my book,

seb

Seb, found out its a French m22 transitional helmet before the m26 and I think it did have a bigger badge on the front but was reused during ww2 and rf badge added is my guess

hi,

It's not a French Helmet. Mdl 22 doesn't exist.

- The crest, on French helmet (Mdl15 / 23 & 26) are fixed by rivet, never welding.

- The fixation for the liner appear with the MDL26, but are fixed by rivet too, never welding.

- the fixation on the liner aren't French made, never seen like this one.

- The Kaki color (outside) of the helmet doen't look like a French color (dark pictures).

- And, the "POLICIA 139" confirm that helmet as been used by hispanic country.

I just keep searching

seb

Finally, i get the answer.

This is a Mexican made helmet, to overcome the lack of french mdl26 helmet.

there should be a marking inside : "Hecho en Mexico"

The Infanterie insignia is a bad copy.

Sorry for you, it's not a MDL23. but this helmet is intersting.

I will let you know if i saw a good mdl23 for sale.

regards

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast