Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

France M36 D.C.A. Infantry ?

Article about: Hello I have her M36 D.C.A. (Air Defense) Helmet , bud this one has Infantry Bade , not the Artyllery like the normal D.C.A. Can you tell my who , which unit used the M36 with Infantry Bade

Default France M36 D.C.A. Infantry ?

Hello

I have her M36 D.C.A. (Aircraft Defense) Helmet , bud this one has Infantry Bade , not the Artyllery like the normal D.C.A.

Can you tell my who , which unit used the M36 with Infantry Bade ? .

regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture France M36 D.C.A. Infantry ?   France M36 D.C.A. Infantry ?  

France M36 D.C.A. Infantry ?   France M36 D.C.A. Infantry ?  

France M36 D.C.A. Infantry ?   France M36 D.C.A. Infantry ?  

A very nice example of a hard to get helmet. I checked up on this at the WWH website (usually very reliable) and they say (my translation) -

"The 36 helmet was mainly distributed to units of anti-aircraft artillery. The most common attribute is therefore that of the artillery.
    It was also distributed to the anti-aircraft sections in some infantry units. So we find, although in lesser numbers, the infantry badge."

That should explain it. I did wonder if it was simply an infantry badge put on later, in place of the artillery badge we would expect, but it seems it could well be authentic and original. A great example!

See .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 36 :.

Very nice and rare !
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/