Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

French M16 Adrian helmet?

Article about: Hello, there is an M16 Adrian helmet for 50 Euros for sale. I quite like Adrian Helmets, and longer wanted to own one, but didnt had the chance yet. I´m not experienced on these kinda helmet

Default French M16 Adrian helmet?

Hello,
    there is an M16 Adrian helmet for 50 Euros for sale.
    I quite like Adrian Helmets, and longer wanted to own one, but didnt had the chance yet.
    I´m not experienced on these kinda helmets, and i´m not sure whether the paint etc. is correct and period.

All Opinions would be greatly appreciated,
    Adravor

French M16 Adrian helmet?French M16 Adrian helmet?French M16 Adrian helmet?

This is an M26 Adrian, with an infantry badge. It is identifiable by the fact that the shell is pressed from a single piece, whereas the M15 was a multi-piece construction with a separate skirt, which was riveted together. The liner is also different, held in place by four hooks. The liner of the M15 was attached to the shell using split pins, with corrugated metal spacers.

Below are some pictures of my M15 Adrian, repainted green for use in WWII. The differences in construction are evident, most notably the ridge that separates the dome from the skirt.

French M16 Adrian helmet?French M16 Adrian helmet?French M16 Adrian helmet?

I'm not sure about the authenticity of the paint on the example you've posted, although it does appear to be the same shade of green used on my M15. The liner looks odd, too. M26 liners are usually black in coloration, rather than the brown shown here. It's possible it's a postwar refit.

Regards, B.B.

As far as i´ve researched these liners existed, but may have been added in the 50´s. Thank you very much for your Opinion!
    I think i might buy it, as it isnt that expensive.

The Helm arrived, it looks good to me, although i´m not sure if the paint is Original. The liner and chinstrap are definitly old, and no modern reproductions.
    Do you think the paint is original?
    All help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Adravor
    French M16 Adrian helmet?French M16 Adrian helmet?French M16 Adrian helmet?French M16 Adrian helmet?French M16 Adrian helmet?French M16 Adrian helmet?French M16 Adrian helmet?

I don't like that :

seems to be painting over rust.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

White?

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

I ask tomarrow on a french forum!

I seem to recall from somewhere that helmets with white-painted badges were worn by military policemen. Not sure if there’s any truth to that, but it’s a possibility.

B.B.

A better Picture of the Badge. (I think its just the metal shining trough.)
    The -possible Overpainted Rust- Spot
    A sign for a partly repainting i just found, seems like the outher shell was maybe repainted, while the inner shell was left as it is?

Thank you for the opinions, and it would be great if you asked at a french forum, thank you very much!