Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

French WWII helmet?

Article about: Thanks yes its getting colder here hate it. I’ve just tried something, the helmet shell doesn’t attract a magnet which means it must be made from manganese steel i think! Yet the brackets on

Default French WWII helmet?

Hi folks, I would like opinions on this French helmet. Is it WWII era? It has a very faint circular white stamp on the liner that is illegible. NH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French WWII helmet?   French WWII helmet?  

French WWII helmet?   French WWII helmet?  

Default Re: French WWII helmet?

Model 1926 Adrian, WW2 Period...
    Glenn

I'm not at all expert in this type of helmet but I believe it is a M26 French Adrian, WW2 issue.

Edit, Glenn you fast fingered bugger

Yup, Adrian.... Never seen one with the liner. Now I know what it looks like!

The one I received a few years back had the liner rotted out...

?

Nice looking French M26
    But I would be very careful with replacing that liner, and leaving it in there.

Brad.

Liner back in and intact. I grabbed this out of a box of jumbled up surplus helmets. It appears to have been stacked at one time. It cost me $20. Don't know what they are worth now. Thanks guys. NH

They are going for $150 to $200 here in Oregon. Sometimes more if in better shape.

FG

Hi I am a bit late finding this thread,
    But could you please tell me if your liner clips are made from stainless steel or mild steel.
    I have this one and have always thought the clips were out of place because they are made from stainless steel, I am just not sure what they were made of.
    The white mark on the tongue of mine is the size, note it also seems to have two makers marks on the side,
    Thanks
    Rod

French WWII helmet?French WWII helmet?

Rod, How are things in Scotland? Nice to see your note and photos. I don't how to determine the composition of the clips - maybe you can assist. Both the white stamps in my liner are unreadable. I will take a look at the liner again if I have some clues on how to identify the clips. And if there is a reference to manufacturers stamps I may be able to ID mine based on the remnant still visible. NH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast