Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A genuine North African MKII

Article about: Hi Guys, I thought I would share with you my North African campaign MKII obtained in NZ over 15 years ago. The shell is a RO&CO and is dated 1940. The liner is a Briggs Motor Bodies size

Default A genuine North African MKII

Hi Guys,

I thought I would share with you my North African campaign MKII obtained in NZ over 15 years ago.
    The shell is a RO&CO and is dated 1940. The liner is a Briggs Motor Bodies size 7. This was brought back by a Kiwi vet of the North African Campaign. This one is spot on and hasn't been messed with since it was worn in North Africa over 75 years ago.

Rob

?

Wonderful to see anything original from the North Africa campaigns. These desert lids are a real beauty. I often think about how many DAK and Brit desert helmets are buried in the sand forever. Thanks for showing it !

?

Nice camo, I wonder why it was repainted completely on the inside, normally it's just the inside rim.

jwp
    ?

Love to add one of these to my collection.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Nice camo, I wonder why it was repainted completely on the inside, normally it's just the inside rim.
    It hasn't been repainted inside. It's faded inside but only has the tan overpaint on the outside of the shell. I'll post some pics in better lighting

Rob

Here are some additional pics

Rob

Indeed a very interesting helmet with a strong origine.
    With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

?

Great helmet, inside doesn't look factory finish looks brushed painted.