Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hand made DPM cover

Article about: Hi fellow collectors, I bought this Hand made DPM cover recently from a car boot sale and at that time was not aware what type of Helmet is was designed to fit but as it was stupidly cheap I

?

Default Hand made DPM cover

Hi fellow collectors, I bought this Hand made DPM cover recently from a car boot sale and at that time was not aware what type of Helmet is was designed to fit but as it was stupidly cheap I took a gamble. When I got home I popped it onto this Mk5 ,and it is a really good fit so can only assume it was designed to fit this model. It is literally hand made i.e. no machine stitching in sight. Whilst not uber rare I did think it might be of interest here,so here it is for discussion,regards Opex

Hand made DPM cover
    Hand made DPM cover
    Hand made DPM cover
    Hand made DPM cover

First for me Gary is the edging elasticatic?looks like a perfect fit,timeframe looks to be late 70's/early 80's DPM type field issued gear.....

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    First for me Gary is the edging elasticatic?looks like a perfect fit,timeframe looks to be late 70's/early 80's DPM type field issued gear.....
    Hi Jake,no elastic it is held on with an old bit of drawstring, the pattern look's early but the more I look the more convinced I am it's not genuine MoD issue cloth????

But for 50p,I am not all that bothered really, I may put some netting/scrim over the top for an experimental project

Quote by Opex View Post
    Hi Jake,no elastic it is held on with an old bit of drawstring, the pattern look's early but the more I look the more convinced I am it's not genuine MoD issue cloth????

But for 50p,I am not all that bothered really, I may put some netting/scrim over the top for an experimental project
    From the amount of dots in the pattern it could almost be this!...kamouflage.net

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    From the amount of dots in the pattern it could almost be this!...kamouflage.net

Thanks Gunny, I had no idea the Russians were using DPM that's amazing !!

However I am convinced it was designed to be worn on a British Helmet, but it is food for thought

Yup the Russian DPM is used mostly by ministry of the interior troops!..

?

Nice cover Gary I rather like these one off kind of items with a we bit of mystery surrounding them looks to be near a perfect fit.

Regards Mark

How strange, yet interesting.

Looks like a near perfect fit.

For how long did the British army (territorial and regular) use the Mk5 helmet?

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Yup the Russian DPM is used mostly by ministry of the interior troops!..
    Excellent info Gunny, This is something I will need to look into in more detail

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Nice cover Gary I rather like these one off kind of items with a we bit of mystery surrounding them looks to be near a perfect fit.

Regards Mark

Thanks Mark, and I agree. As before it was very cheap and is nothing rare or special,but the mystery aspect is intriguing it does fit rather well, I tried on a MK6,and an M1 and the Mk5 is the best fit,so again can only assume it was made for this type of helmet.

Of course it could be some Airsoft type thing, I will never know

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast