Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet, Anti riot, visor attached

Article about: This a British army issue Helmet, anti riot, visor attached with a mk5 liner.The shell is dated 1953 RoCo.The visor is 1972 dated and it comes with the correct 3 point chinstrap.It is also u

NCA
    ?

Default Helmet, Anti riot, visor attached

This a British army issue Helmet, anti riot, visor attached with a mk5 liner.The shell is dated 1953 RoCo.The visor is 1972 dated and it comes with the correct 3 point chinstrap.It is also unissued NOS.You can see images of this helmet worn in Northern Ireland in the early 70's.

?

Default Re: Helmet, Anti riot, visor attached

Very nice. The shield seems to have been trough quite a bit!

Where do you find the date on the riot shield? Mine is also a 53 Ro&Co, but with the older style liner, and 2 point chinstrap.

EDIT - D'oh, turns out that's just the plastic cover for the visor. Extremely nice condition.

Martin

NCA
    ?

Haha!I was going to say it has plastic film covering the visor!The date on the visor is left hand side of the gold coloured metal band.Sounds like yours maybe an earlier version..i dont know when the three point strap was introduced...
    I have a mk6 riot lid to post sometime too.

very nice mk5 riot helmet, used in the riot" hotspot "of ulster,the visor should be made by lucas areospace in 1972 looks great with the correct 3 point chinstrap i believe the standard mk4/5 helmet were totally inadequate for security when troops were first deployed there

?

I wore riot helmets like in the Irish Army Reserve back in the eighties. During the hunger strikes we were all trained how to deal with rioting IRA types. I do remember that we were warned not to hit them overarm. It looked incredibly bad on TV. An underarm poke in the ribs worked just as well.