Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet, Flight Deck Crewman's, Impact Resistant.

Article about: Hi Fellow Collectors. I'm not sure if this is the correct section so apologies in advance. But thought you might like to see this Helmet ( Flight Deck Crewman's, Impact Resistant.) I purchas

?

Default Helmet, Flight Deck Crewman's, Impact Resistant.

Hi Fellow Collectors.

I'm not sure if this is the correct section so apologies in advance. But thought you might like to see this Helmet ( Flight Deck Crewman's, Impact Resistant.) I purchased this one a few years ago, and according to the seller this was found washed up on a beach on the South Coast Of England. It is clearly marked with the original owners name ( Nick Murphy) and is good condition considering it may have spent a bit of time in the sea. One day I would like to research what ship this sailor was based on one, but for now I think this is an interesting piece, feel free to comment,regards Opex.

Helmet, Flight Deck  Crewman's, Impact Resistant.

?

Seriously doubt it was in sea water for any time.
    I really don't know anything about this type of airdale gear. I do know I wouldn't want to be a flight deck crewman. That is a very dangerous job.

I wouldn't mind that. I would use it to re enact my fantasy of being the cult Star Wars character Porkins in the Death Star Attack scene.....Yeah Baby!!

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Seriously doubt it was in sea water for any time.
    I really don't know anything about this type of airdale gear. I do know I wouldn't want to be a flight deck crewman. That is a very dangerous job.

Thanks for looking and for your comments, on receipt of the helmet is was full of sand, and it has had a bit of an overhaul!

an unusual helmet ,nice with the owners name on it too ,thanks for showing opex

Just noticed it's marked '801' inside, maybe 801 Sqn FAA?? They were based at Yeovilton I think, but disbanded around 8-9 years ago when the Sea Harrier was withdrawn from service.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.