Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet id.

Article about: Been in the loft again and found this helmet which has a leather neck protector, there is a ink stamp on the inside but I cannot make out what it say's. z4.

Default Helmet id.

Been in the loft again and found this helmet which has a leather neck protector, there is a ink stamp on the inside but I cannot make out what it say's.

z4.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet id.   Helmet id.  

Helmet id.  

ww2fotos
    ?

Default Re: Helmet id.

It looks like a CD helmet to me. With the neck protection it must have been worn by fire fighters, or the like.

?

Hi,
    Pretty sure it's a Dutch post war helmet.
    Aaron

Aaron is correct. Dutch issue.

For more info (in Spanish) please see here:

HOLAND

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Hi,
    Pretty sure it's a Dutch post war helmet.
    Aaron
    Agreed. Jim G.

Ok all, thanks for the info.

z4

?

Interestingly I saw one for sale on Ebay recently as a British helmet, without the neck guard. It looked too clean and the chinstrap definitely wasn't British. Now I see what it was. I would have been disappointed if I'd bought it and later found it wasn't even British and postwar as well.

?

Hi,
    The Dutch had WW2 dated British helmets after the war & put there post war liners in as well so check for that too.
    Aaron

I cant remember when or where I got it from, I found another helmet in a box in my garage yesterday along with a couple of shell fuse heads. I will post on the forum when I get time.

z4