Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet Identification

Article about: The pics aren't the greatest but seem to show an MKI with a cork type finish. I have not seen this style of liner before. Is it a new replacement/repro or some other variant? Seller says its

Default Helmet Identification

The pics aren't the greatest but seem to show an MKI with a cork type finish. I have not seen this style of liner before. Is it a new replacement/repro or some other variant? Seller says its marked FS 175 on the lid itself.Helmet IdentificationHelmet Identification

?

Default Re: Helmet Identification

This is a ww2 model 1917 A1 also refered to as the kelly helmet the liner from what I see is most likey original

?

Looks good to me. Kelly's are rather uncommon, so go for it if the the price is good.

Nitram

?

But You have to know the shell is British MkI.
    Piotrek

Thanks guys. What would a fair price be for one in this condition?

?

Quote by instigator008 View Post
    Thanks guys. What would a fair price be for one in this condition?
    I recently bought a nice one for $130.00 CAD. They do go for more though. Difficult to judge the condition of yours, the pics are not the best.

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by ppp p View Post
    But You have to know the shell is British MkI.
    Piotrek
    so didn't the US make m17a postwar shells for the kelly style helmet etc?is it unusual for a mk1 made in britain issued for the USEF in 1917 to reuse and refit postwar war 1930's.dave.

?

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    so didn't the US make m17a postwar shells for the kelly style helmet etc?is it unusual for a mk1 made in britain issued for the USEF in 1917 to reuse and refit postwar war 1930's.dave.
    The steel shell for USM1917A1 is stamped one letter ("A" - "D") and number, f.e.: "1A", 2B", "12C", "3D". But You can also find British shell MkI or USM1917.
    http://www.helmy.w8w.pl/amerykanski%20wz.M1917A1.htm
    USA 1917 A1
    .: World War Helmets - Etats-Unis - Casque US Model 1917 - A1 :.
    Piotrek

?

Quote by ppp p View Post
    The steel shell for USM1917A1 is stamped one letter ("A" - "D") and number, f.e.: "1A", 2B", "12C", "3D". But You can also find British shell MkI or USM1917.
    USA 1917 A1
    Piotrek
    Thanks for the info. Interesting. I have one with no stamps at all. I will put up some pics on my own thread, rather than hijack this one.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by ppp p View Post
    USA 1917 A1
    Piotrek
    thanks for the info piotrek,what astonishes me is how close on production time these were done right before the arrival of the iconic M1 helmet,cheers dave.