Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Helmet Of Pvt. Howard Radford 2nd Armored

Article about: by Bugme Thanks Nick, coming from you, I know it's appreciated! its allways great to see your collection its one i can only dream of

?

Default Helmet Of Pvt. Howard Radford 2nd Armored

This is the helmet and matching liner of Private Howard R. Radford of the 2nd Armored Division Infantry from my collection. It can also be seen on the M-1 Helmet.com site in the collectors corner: Home of the M-1 Helmet Pvt. Radford enlisted in Summit County, Ohio on February the 13th, 1943 at the ripe old age of 18. He survived the war and died October the 8th, 1992 in the state of Washington.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Of Pvt. Howard Radford 2nd Armored   Helmet Of Pvt. Howard Radford 2nd Armored  

Helmet Of Pvt. Howard Radford 2nd Armored   Helmet Of Pvt. Howard Radford 2nd Armored  

Helmet Of Pvt. Howard Radford 2nd Armored  

?

Default Re: Helmet Of Pvt. Howard Radford 2nd Armored

Here's a few more pictures with one showing Pvt. Radford's name scratched into the liner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Of Pvt. Howard Radford 2nd Armored   Helmet Of Pvt. Howard Radford 2nd Armored  

?

Bugme Great helmet did Pvt. Radford also have a tank helmet. Any info on what he did for 2nd Armored Division. Gary

?

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Bugme Great helmet did Pvt. Radford also have a tank helmet. Any info on what he did for 2nd Armored Division. Gary
    Radford was actually part of Infantry Support in the 2nd Armored. So, he would not have had a tanker helmet. His helmet is all that I have of his, the rest of his wartime items could be anywhere.

?

Very cool

?

great lid scott & a great piece of history as well

?

Very nice! The armor insignia is painted on, correct? When did they introduce the use of decals on helmets?

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    great lid scott & a great piece of history as well
    Thanks Nick, coming from you, I know it's appreciated!

Quote by BEAST View Post
    Very nice! The armor insignia is painted on, correct? When did they introduce the use of decals on helmets?
    Thanks Erick! Yes, the insignia on this helmet and liner are painted. There were paper decals in use toward the end of WWII. They would stick them and coat them with shellac.

?

Good stuff!

?

Quote by MarcM View Post
    Good stuff!
    Thanks Marc, I'll be posting a few more from the collection in the next few weeks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast