Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern

Article about: Just hit the buy it button on a dealers site on this one, a HCDR economy with MP? markings. The covering flaps over the ears are missing but otherwise it looks pretty good. See post #2 below

Default Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern

Just hit the buy it button on a dealers site on this one, a HCDR economy with MP? markings. The covering flaps over the ears are missing but otherwise it looks pretty good.

See post #2 below for information on the type.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/helme...ighlight=fibre
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern   Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern  

Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern   Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern  

Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern   Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Hi Jerry Nice HCDR the ear cups are obviously put on for a reason and would help considerably in keeping air from entering ones ears while riding but it does make one wonder if the ear cups were period removed as I can imagine they would restrict ones ability to hear somewhat while on the ground.
    I have a few HCDR and HSDR's in my collection and one flashed to the MP as well this HCDR IMO could as well be a candidate for a Regimental Police helmet as they also used the Broad Red Band as an Identifier .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern  

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Hi Jerry Nice HCDR the ear cups are obviously put on for a reason and would help considerably in keeping air from entering ones ears while riding but it does make one wonder if the ear cups were period removed as I can imagine they would restrict ones ability to hear somewhat while on the ground.
    I have a few HCDR and HSDR's in my collection and one flashed to the MP as well this HCDR IMO could as well be a candidate for a Regimental Police helmet as they also used the Broad Red Band as an Identifier .

Regards Mark
    Hi Mark can you post a link to your DR helmets? Probably quicker than me doing a search though I will do that anyway to see how many there are of this version posted on the forum.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

No problem Jerry I have two HSDR's and one HCDR as both HSDR's are near twins I have never posted images of the one before here are a couple of links to the two I have threads on .
    Canadian first pattern fiber Dispatch Rider helmet flashed to the Military Police
    Nice Unissued Canadian Despatch Riders Helmet
    The R P insignia shown above is an image from a Mk II in my collection that I posted for an example of the Red Band as it was used by the MP and RP alike .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern  

Thanks mate, I had seen yours before but always worth a 2nd or third look. I still kick myself for not buying a brit HSDR a few years back for less than £40 as now they all seem to be over the £100 price these days.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Hi Jerry, are there any markings on the leather sweat band? Also on the inside of the helmet if you look carefully there should be an raised arabic numeral which is the shell size.

?

I really like them as well Jerry and would love to add a flashed example to my collection the one shown in the image below is one of my favorite period images and as best I can tell the HSDR is flashed to a division also worthy of mentioning is the Canadian Soldier clearing the house is using an MP-40.
    Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern
    Regards Mark

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Hi Jerry, are there any markings on the leather sweat band? Also on the inside of the helmet if you look carefully there should be an raised arabic numeral which is the shell size.
    I only have the sellers pics until it arrives which are those I have shown. When it gets here I will give it a careful scrutiny for any markings etc.

I assume it looks an original to you Aaron?
    Regards,

Jerry

Hard to find many others of this pattern to compare it against but it looks all good to me. I have found 3 others in total so far, one of which is Aaron's example, so not a common lid to have survived.
    Regards,

Jerry

I borrowed some pics from other forums to show this type in use. I think they were all posted by Aaron.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern   Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern  

Attached Images Attached Images Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern 
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast