Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Helmets Ltd Police Helmet

Article about: Postwar I know but an interesting item all the same. Is this for Tanganyika Police?

Default Helmets Ltd Police Helmet

Postwar I know but an interesting item all the same.

Is this for Tanganyika Police?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmets Ltd Police Helmet   Helmets Ltd Police Helmet  

Helmets Ltd Police Helmet   Helmets Ltd Police Helmet  

Helmets Ltd Police Helmet   Helmets Ltd Police Helmet  

Helmets Ltd Police Helmet  

That's an interesting thing, with more than a touch of the Civilian Protective Helmet about it. Is it, I wonder, an example of an actual piece of kit or just a sample? Does working out the possible date help? Crown Agents for the Colonies was renamed Crown Agents for Overseas Governments and Administrations in 1954, so that might imply it was made before then, but on the other hand lots of already printed labels to use up... The date stamp of 1966 is possibly no help since Tanganyika was independent by 1964. Must be possible to find dated pics of the thing in use. Interesting.

I take the ticket to mean that it is the approved sample showing the correct shape and style and was sealed in 1954. I think the 1966 is the obsolete date.

So far i have not found any pictures of it in use but I shall keep searching.