Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

help with british para helmet

Article about: hi guys im new to this so if there is another link that can solve my problems just let me know ive just bought this ......i think brit para helmet. and i need a liner but cant find ANYWHERE

Default help with british para helmet

hi guys im new to this so if there is another link that can solve my problems just let me know

ive just bought this ......i think brit para helmet. and i need a liner but cant find ANYWHERE to get a three pin liner. im happy to try and mod a mk1 liner that you can get from many sites. will it work if i buy a leather chin strap? or do i need to get the webbing one?

plus any clues on its origin or makers would be nice i cant find anything

plus im not sure about the crown pad.

its dated 1955. MA (does the MA mean its ozzy? i only say that because my bren is oz and has MA all over it) SP ROC

cheers in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help with british para helmet   help with british para helmet  

help with british para helmet  
    Last edited by donoghue; 11-09-2012 at 07:16 PM.

?

Default Re: help with british para helmet

Hi, Finding a liner will I expect be very hard, chin straps turn up quite often. the ROC might be for Rubery & Owen & Co who made helmets during the war & post, BMB made para helmets during WW2 & post war but not sure if RO&Co made the shells post war.

cheers for the info. in relation to the liner i have no issue with getting a repro one at least for the time so i can wear it and events and such...specially since my head is so big!

so any idea on either how to best make a liner (sounds like alot of effort :P) or get a repro? ive swearched the standard sites like what price and soldier of fortune.....they only do mk1 liners with the 4 holes....not sure if theyd fit...plus they dont seem to do size 62!

NCA
    ?

I also have a 55 dated para helmet.Same maker too.Chinstraps turn up on ebay now and again..as do the buckles( you'll need 3)as for liners? Might be tricky!You will need the aluminium band also that the liner is laced onto.

if i could buy a mk1 liner and mod that (repro obv) and buy the parts as well it should work....not sure if i need the webbing chin strap or if a leather cup will work with the modded mk1 liner

might be worth trying pegasus militaria for a repro liner,they make good repro helmets and may supply a liner on its own

Nigel

cheers guys. just for future reference i rang soldier of fortune and they say that the MK1 liner that they sell is undrilled and so can be used to make a MK1 as well as a MK2 liner as you get a liner with no holes drilled through the aluminium band.