Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help! Canadian WW2 Helmet?

Article about: Thank you, in all the years I have collected, I have never heard it called that..not even by the better known dealers!!! Great Link, and again Thank you It's the same for "Frost and Woo

Default Help! Canadian WW2 Helmet?

I found this helmet at a sale today. I think it is a WW2 Canadian helmet, but not sure. It appears to have red paint under the green. It is marked C.L./C. 1941 22. Any help on identification and/or value would be appreciated.

Default Re: Help! Canadian WW2 Helmet?

CL/C is Canadian Motorlamp Co.

Do you have any pics?

Dale

Only pictures can help us to give you an indication of the value. The shell seems to be Canadian indeed.

Sorry, forgot to add the pics 1st time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ww2 helmet 001.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	108.5 KB 
ID:	103857   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ww2 helmet 002.jpg 
Views:	1898 
Size:	183.8 KB 
ID:	103858  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ww2 helmet 003.jpg 
Views:	549 
Size:	140.2 KB 
ID:	103859  

Post-war gloss OD paint...perhaps the red underneath indicates it was a fire brigade helmet at one point.

?

Many WW2 Canadian Helmets were repainted to Green in 1951..when Canada went to the Green Webbing..the WW2 Wartime ones were a sort of brownish colour..they are harder to find in that original Condition.

Still a nice helmet.

Dean

Thanks for help.

?

Just a couple of other things...the parts of the green colour Lid are worth more than the helmet..here in Canada...on ebay...you can get $20 for the screw, $15 for the pad..and depending on size up to $45 for the liner...a good used chinstrap will fetch $20 or more......the parts are all WW as is the lid itself

Many people looking for parts...
    Here what I do is find half decent Green repainted helmets..and take the parts out and put them into Shells that have the original paint.

Also..CL/C stands for the Canadian LAMP Company..and are the most commonly found helmets in Canada..as they made the most for the Canadian Army.

In the mid 70s a surplus shop in Toronto used to sell WW2 Canadian Helmets for 59 to 99 cents depending on condition..they had thousands..who ever thought they would be worth $50 to $150 each!!!!!

I think I have around 25 WW2 Canadian Helmets right now...brown and green..some rusty due to poor storage...I grab any I can find for parts...to save good helmets

Again..great looking lid..painted and maybe used in the Korean War by Canadians.

Dean

Sure, Canadian LAMP Co. matches up much nicer to CL/C...but the companies original name is the Canadian MOTOR LAMP Co.

No big deal, but we may as well use their proper name.

Here's whats left of the CL/C factory...

Canadian Motor Lamp Factory | International Metropolis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast