Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Help identifying a British MkII helmet

Article about: Hello, I recently purchased a helmet for a relative for Christmas, and I was wondering if anyone on these forums could help reveal a little bit more about its background. I believe it is a B

matt071h
    ?

Default Help identifying a British MkII helmet

Hello,
    I recently purchased a helmet for a relative for Christmas, and I was wondering if anyone on these forums could help reveal a little bit more about its background.
    I believe it is a British MkII helmet, but I cannot see any dates or numbers stamped on either the helmet or the chinstrap. I think that there may be a faded white shape painted onto the top of the helmet, but I can't quite tell.

Thankyou for any help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identifying a British MkII helmet   Help identifying a British MkII helmet  

Help identifying a British MkII helmet   Help identifying a British MkII helmet  

Reg
    ?

Default Re: Help identifying a British MkII helmet

Black paint suggests ARP issue, think thats a late type liner and chinstrap too, ive one in a similar condition with no liner, see if there might be a faint trace of a "W" on the front. Am sure one of these guys on the forum will tell you more about it.

Cheers

matt071h
    ?

Thankyou for the reply, I'll be sure to have a closer look for a 'W' on the front.

Again, thanks!

Hi Matt, welcome to the forum!

Look at the liner to find a date. There should be a makers mark, size and date on one of the fibre bands. You see the sorbo rubber top pad? Look next to this on the fibre band.

Cheers, Ade.