Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help IDing a Brodie.

Article about: Hi All, This is a bit of an odd one, I would have thought it was post WW2 Dutch or Belgium, but it has a split pin similar to WW1 shells, but cruder than the ones I have seen. The liner is d

Default Help IDing a Brodie.

Hi All,

This is a bit of an odd one, I would have thought it was post WW2 Dutch or Belgium, but it has a split pin similar to WW1 shells, but cruder than the ones I have seen. The liner is dated 1952.

I am not sure about the origins of this one, there are no markings apart from the number on the rim edge.

Many thanks

PaulHelp IDing a Brodie.Help IDing a Brodie.Help IDing a Brodie.Help IDing a Brodie.Help IDing a Brodie.Help IDing a Brodie.Help IDing a Brodie.Help IDing a Brodie.Help IDing a Brodie.

The lug attachment looks unusual but the shell markings are Dutch (1956), though the 3 holes around the brim are South African and the liner is Belgian. Certainly an odd one, perhaps the Dutch made shells for the SA post war?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Just to add the AM on the liner means it is Belgian Air force, army are marked ABL.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

There seems to be a few oddities floating around the market place just recently.............

Thanks to all for your help. I had 40 helmets from an auction last week, some good, some not so good. I have only one more to ID, its modern but is huge, something Darth Vader fans might admire. I will try to post it later. Kindest Regards Paul

?

S.A. shell with a Belgium liner, I think they, & maybe the Dutch used these post war. I know the Greeks used the S.A helmets as well.

Many thanks for all the replies. It sounds like the helmet equivalent of Frankensteins monster....