Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Help for a MK2 Brit Helmet

Article about: Hi mates!I just offered this nice British MK2 helmet.The seller says that:''Ww2 British helmet.helmet is rusty brown rough texture still see outline of deco stamped J.S.S. Gc 1 1939.Bit of r

Default Help for a MK2 Brit Helmet

Hi mates!I just offered this nice British MK2 helmet.The seller says that:''Ww2 British helmet.helmet is rusty brown rough texture still see outline of deco stamped J.S.S. Gc 1 1939.Bit of rust round inner rim liner is stamped hard to see.good original condition.''. I would like your help for the following topics.Is it army issue?If yes this decal is it original?Many Thanks for your time and helpHelp for a MK2 Brit HelmetHelp for a MK2 Brit Helmet

Default Re: Help for a MK2 Brit Helmet

anyone?

Have you looked at google for British tactical flashes, to try and match it? The helmet looks OK to me.

The helmet looks like a good army issue example to me, though clearly much of the original exterior finish has gone. I dont know very much about helmet flashes but I expect there are various British diamond shaped flashes that this could have been.

Thanks for the help mates!

Hello Woodpecker,

This is a MkII shell with a MkI liner (rather rare) and MkII chinstrap lugs. The shell was manufactured by John Sankey & Sons. They made helmets from 1938 through 1941. So 1939 fits the bill. The flash looks original to the helmet. I believe the RA had blue and red flashes, but there were many more colour combinations.

Nice lid!

Cheers,
    Emile

Thanks you all for your opinion!