Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Help Need with this helmet UK

Article about: I have this helmet,is it a civilan helmet ? inside is stamped 1941,the black paint looks orginal regards mich

?

Default Help Need with this helmet UK

I have this helmet,is it a civilan helmet ?
    inside is stamped 1941,the black paint looks orginal
    regards michHelp Need with this helmet UKHelp Need with this helmet UK

NCA
    ?

Default Re: Help Need with this helmet UK

That looks to be a British Civil defense 'cromwell' helmet.Interesting that it has an Army issue liner instead of the usual one, you see those holes?Thats were the liner iwas laced in...Not sure on the paint job.These things are usually grey but alot were painted up.

?

The civilian protective helmet but most commonly known as the Zuckerman, the majority if not all of these are dated 1941. It has the wrong liner in, yours looks like a MkII liner which are normally fitted with a nut & bolt through the top of the MkII helmet. The holes in your helmet are for a lace to go through which holds the correct liner in, & when produced were painted grey. Never seen this liner in before on one of these helmets.
    Thanks for showing

?

Hi,
    and thanks for these fine info,on the helmet.I had bought this helmet 10 years ago here in Denmark for 10euro.But didnt get any historie
    on ,where he got it from.
    regards mich

?

These helmets were used by the Dutch & Norway post war, the Dutch used there own liners but used rivets through the holes to fix their liners in. Maybe the Danes used these helmets post war as well.

Looks like these were used in training environments here in Canada as well...as shown on one of my matchbook covers. Could be the reason it has a military liner and chinstrap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Need with this helmet UK