Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help needed. Helmet identification

Article about: Hi Guys, I need your help identifying a couple of helmets I got in a lot. One I know is German but am unsure what model (M42, M35 etc). The other I was told is some kind of paratrooper helme

?

Default Help needed. Helmet identification

Hi Guys,

I need your help identifying a couple of helmets I got in a lot. One I know is German but am unsure what model (M42, M35 etc). The other I was told is some kind of paratrooper helmet but am unsure of this and am unsure of country of origin. I could not find any marking on them either. Would appreciate any help

Help needed. Helmet identificationHelp needed. Helmet identificationHelp needed. Helmet identificationHelp needed. Helmet identificationHelp needed. Helmet identificationHelp needed. Helmet identificationHelp needed. Helmet identificationHelp needed. Helmet identification

The one you know looks like a M40 not sure on the other one in the wrong section I don't believe any of the helmets to be from the allies.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

?

Agree, M40, the other one I don't recognize, I can't see any rivet / screw holes for the liner to help identify it.

?

Does it have 4 small rivets about 25mm up from the rim?

?

thanks for the replies. Not sure I can move to the German helmets section? There are no rivet holes I can see and no markings.

?

It is an M35 German helmet, You can see the missing vent rivet on the left side. Cheers, Sean.

?

I am not sure on the other helmet but looks like it could possibly be a British dispatch riders helmet or possibly even para helmet but I am not very clued up on Brit lids, Certainly not German though. Cheers, Sean.

Quote by seandm View Post
    It is an M35 German helmet, You can see the missing vent rivet on the left side. Cheers, Sean.
    Sean got it!! M35 rivets can "pop" out as the flange holding them in is very thin. I have seen this on concussion damaged helmets as well as corroded ones.

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

I stand corrected on the M35. I'm also leaning toward British despatch riders helmet, or alt least I can't come up with anyhting better. The para helmet had bigger holes for bolts.
    Steve

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    I stand corrected on the M35. I'm also leaning toward British despatch riders helmet, or alt least I can't come up with anyhting better. The para helmet had bigger holes for bolts.
    Steve
    It cant be they have bolts to hold the liner in and sometimes rivets.
    Edit: actually there is a possibility now I look closer the holes could have been rusted shut.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast