Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed with Unknown emblem painted on British Mark II

Article about: Hi all. I need help in identifying a badge painted on an original British Mark II shell. The shell was used during the siege of Malta as it still has patches showing the original rubble-wall

Default Help needed with Unknown emblem painted on British Mark II

Hi all.

I need help in identifying a badge painted on an original British Mark II shell. The shell was used during the siege of Malta as it still has patches showing the original rubble-wall camouflage paint scheme. The badge consists of a white triangle painted on the side of the helmet. The letters AA are stencilled in blue. Attached please find some photos of my helmet. More photos can be seen on this link:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9338513&type=3

Does anyone have any idea what this insignia stands for? I though maybe it had to do with a HAA or LAA regiment but the insignia there is blue and red.

Thanks for your help.

Philip

Help needed with Unknown emblem painted on British Mark IIHelp needed with Unknown emblem painted on British Mark II

?

A very interesting helmet, a lot of pictures show mostly the British R.A flash of red/blue. But of course yours might be marked to an Malta Anti-Aircraft Reg'?

I thought so too, but then I checked the uniforms of the Royal Malta Artillery, who were in charge of both the Light and Heavy AA guns. And the black and blue emble re-emerged. I've attached a photoHelp needed with Unknown emblem painted on British Mark II

Hi Phillip, I cannot help with an identification, but I would be confident enough to say from the images provided that the helmet is a period unit marked example, and very unusual at that!! I hope we can get to the bottom of this one as it is a corker! Leon.

?

I expect you & me both have been looking in the same places for information.
    Lets hope something comes to light.