Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help please. British helmet(s)

Article about: Hello, recently got these helmets and I was wondering if you guys could tell me anything about them, I think one is a wardens helmet, one is a zuckerman, the one with the net is what I reall

Default Help please. British helmet(s)

Hello, recently got these helmets and I was wondering if you guys could tell me anything about them, I think one is a wardens helmet, one is a zuckerman, the one with the net is what I really need help with. Is it a repro or post war? or has it been refurbished with a decal thats been peeled off? the decal has a small pice of red and yellow towards the edges. If it is a repro please don't hesitate to let me know.

Any help would be great!!

Help please. British helmet(s) Help please. British helmet(s)Help please. British helmet(s) Help please. British helmet(s)Help please. British helmet(s) Help please. British helmet(s)Help please. British helmet(s) Help please. British helmet(s)

many thanks in advance

James

Default Re: Help please. British helmet(s)

Just been looking on the net and found some pics, could the helmet with the net be Belgian? if so is it WW2?

?

Hi,
    The Zuckerman is fine & will be dated 1941 The black one is for use on the homefront,ARP & such like The one with the net, I think the liner is Greek post war, the helmet shell could be WW2 but would more than likely have been painted by the Greeks. Can't really say about the net but that is probably post war as well.
    Aaron
    Last edited by tinlid; 05-11-2011 at 05:52 PM.

NCA
    ?

The lid with the net looks almost exactly the same as the one in an antiques center near me!!Uncanny!even down to the net and chinstrap...and its Belgian as it has ABL stamped inside.

Does yours have ABL inside the liner?The one ive seen was on the cross piece just underneath the foam head pad.

Ummmm they go on your head ! Lol

they dont go on my head they are too small lol,

cheers for the replys I found a date under the liner 51 I will have a look for those letters in a minute and let you know

it has ZM-FN X.B 1951 under the foam on the liner

Hello No man army,

The letters ZM-FN stand for Zeemacht-Force Navale which translates to Navy in Dutch and French, the national languages of Belgium. Most of these helmets are marked ABL, which stands for Armee Belge-Belgisch Leger, this time French and Dutch for Belgian Army.

The Belgian shell's have a very distinct indentation round the top screw. If present this means post war Belgian manufacture. If not, it indicates a reissued British shell. Another give away is the different liner (leather) and bumpers secured with metal clips. The partially removed decal shows the Belgian national colours, from left to right: black, yellow and red.

Cheers,

Emile