Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help required identifying Mk2 Helmet

Article about: Hi chaps, I was wondering if anybody had any information on this British mk2 I've just found please? There is a textured green paint finish inside and out, and evidence of tan paint undernea

?

Default Help required identifying Mk2 Helmet

Hi chaps,

I was wondering if anybody had any information on this British mk2 I've just found please?
    There is a textured green paint finish inside and out, and evidence of tan paint underneath, esp around the bails.
    There are a few faint markings on the underside, it looks like BM 43 - there is also another number/code possibly S b 4 1?
    The liner has seen better days but I think stamped CCL 1941 11
    Any help and information very much appreciated. Thank you, Shaun
    (sorry this is thread is also in the mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, but thought better here)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help required identifying Mk2 Helmet   Help required identifying Mk2 Helmet  

Help required identifying Mk2 Helmet   Help required identifying Mk2 Helmet  

?

Hi,
    It's probably BMB 1943, (Briggs Motor Bodies) Being textured inside and out would make this an army Mk2. From the pictures it looks like it's had a repaint.

?

Thank you very much tinlid - would this be a war time re paint do you think?

?

Hard to tell, this helmet could have been used 5-10 years after the war. Olive drab which is what it looks like, was about for the last couple of years during the war. Then it was common to use this colour painting helmets during the post war years.

?

Thanks agin tin lid, this s my first mk2, but the paint certainly looks battered so hopefully is war time finish...