Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HELP!!! Types and dates for these helmets??????

Article about: Hey guys. Here are some of my helmets. I have been collecting since I was a child. One is my grandads helmet from Vietnam.He was N.Z S.A.S. Writing on insert says "When I die I want to

?

Default HELP!!! Types and dates for these helmets??????

Hey guys.
    Here are some of my helmets.
    I have been collecting since I was a child.
    One is my grandads helmet from Vietnam.He was N.Z S.A.S.
    Writing on insert says "When I die I want to go heaven, I just visited hell"
    and "12/08/68" and "0430, 7 dead, 4 wish they were"
    On the back it says "mess with the best, die with the rest" S.A.S term.
    One is Swiss?? Age? Type?
    One is WW1 German.Stamp insides says E1039 or B1039.
    One is N.Z or Brittish?? Age? Type?
    Any info or comments would be of great help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HELP!!! Types and dates for these helmets??????   HELP!!! Types and dates for these helmets??????  

HELP!!! Types and dates for these helmets??????   HELP!!! Types and dates for these helmets??????  

HELP!!! Types and dates for these helmets??????   HELP!!! Types and dates for these helmets??????  

Default Re: HELP!!! Types and dates for these helmets??????

German M16. Difficult to see whether all original. Check rear rivet, if thicker than others, this is good. Does it have an olive colour? That would be good.
    British MkII type helmet. Probably made in Australia or NZ for Civil Defense use. Not a military helmet. Nice one though!
    Swiss M18-63 worn till the early seventies. Common in Europe. First quality helmet.
    US M1 or clone. Difficult to ascertain the year of this. Too few pics. Cover pattern not known to me. Possibly a NZ varient of US woodland?

Have a look at this site! PORTADA

Cheers,
    Emile
    Last edited by emileverbunt; 11-20-2010 at 11:20 AM. Reason: adding link

?

Default Re: HELP!!! Types and dates for these helmets??????

Hey.
    yes the rear rivet is very chunky.inside paint is olive but outside shell is too pitted and dirty to tell what it once was.
    I had a feeling the mkII was a C.D helmet.
    The M1 I can only say it is N.Z S.A.S issue. N.Z has used woodland D.P.M for a long time.
    Swiss one is named F.Rottet. Wish I could trace it to find date of helmet.

?

Just got this helmet today.
    I'm picking the inner shell is 1974 paratrooper?
    Outer shell 1973? mix and matched?
    Could someone tell me what the chin strap goes with and if it's American or not?
    any info about all 3 would be awesome.
    Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HELP!!! Types and dates for these helmets??????   HELP!!! Types and dates for these helmets??????  

This is an Israeli M-1 clone. The chinstrap is correct for this helmet.

Cheers,
    Emile

?

Cheers mate.
    I was 99% sure it was isreali.
    But i have been wrong in the past and its good to have it confirmed.