Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help wanted: Dating a Tank Helmet

Article about: Dear forum members, Annoyed from this ads?   Frank here form the Museum. I could really use your help in determining the date on this tank helmet. Any help it very welcome and much appr

Default Help wanted: Dating a Tank Helmet

Dear forum members,

Frank here form the Museum. I could really use your help in determining the date on this tank helmet. Any help it very welcome and much appreciated!

Help wanted: Dating a Tank HelmetHelp wanted: Dating a Tank HelmetHelp wanted: Dating a Tank HelmetHelp wanted: Dating a Tank HelmetHelp wanted: Dating a Tank HelmetHelp wanted: Dating a Tank HelmetHelp wanted: Dating a Tank Helmet

Sincerely

Frank

?

It's a German copy of the US Helmet Tank Crew, both fibre and aluminium versions exist. They were made in Germany for US Forces in Europe in the 1950s, but my examples appear to have been issued to either the Bundeswehr or the Dutch army.
    Yours is in beautiful condition, mine are a bit more used, This one, also made by Maury of Offenbach, is named to someone named Jongsma.Help wanted: Dating a Tank HelmetHelp wanted: Dating a Tank HelmetHelp wanted: Dating a Tank HelmetHelp wanted: Dating a Tank HelmetHelp wanted: Dating a Tank Helmet

Here is the fibre version, it has no maker's mark just the occupant's name and metric size
    COLSON
    OBLT
    Help wanted: Dating a Tank HelmetHelp wanted: Dating a Tank Helmet

Roger

Default Thank you Roger!

Roger,

Much appreciated thank you! We had a hucnh justed wanted to be sure!

Sincerely,

Frank

Quote by RVLucy View Post
    It's a German copy of the US Helmet Tank Crew, both fibre and aluminium versions exist. They were made in Germany for US Forces in Europe in the 1950s, but my examples appear to have been issued to either the Bundeswehr or the Dutch army.
    Yours is in beautiful condition, mine are a bit more used, This one, also made by Maury of Offenbach, is named to someone named Jongsma.Help wanted: Dating a Tank HelmetHelp wanted: Dating a Tank HelmetHelp wanted: Dating a Tank HelmetHelp wanted: Dating a Tank HelmetHelp wanted: Dating a Tank Helmet

Here is the fibre version, it has no maker's mark just the occupant's name and metric size
    COLSON
    OBLT
    Help wanted: Dating a Tank HelmetHelp wanted: Dating a Tank Helmet

Roger