Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

help with ww2 british airborne helmet

Article about: by tinlid Someones going to spend a lot of money on a load of rubbish. £1,020.00 to be precise.

?

Default help with ww2 british airborne helmet

i am looking to buy a ww2 british airborne helmet and wanted some advise on what to look out for when buying one,there are a couple i have been looking at on the internet to buy but i am not sure if they are 100% original so any advise would be great-phil

?

Default Re: help with ww2 british airborne helmet

Quote by phil View Post
    i am looking to buy a ww2 british airborne helmet and wanted some advise on what to look out for when buying one,there are a couple i have been looking at on the internet to buy but i am not sure if they are 100% original so any advise would be great-phil
    Hi Phil, Depends on what type you are after, the Mk2 webbing chin strap,look at mine I posted yesterday. The Mk1s are a bit harder, as they are faked a lot, the fibre rim one, look for a yellow blob of paint inside the shell, plus also, most times it is still there, white chalk line around the crown pad in the top of the helmet. Here are some pics of the Mk1s.
    Aaron.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help with ww2 british airborne helmet   help with ww2 british airborne helmet  

help with ww2 british airborne helmet   help with ww2 british airborne helmet  

help with ww2 british airborne helmet  

?

hi Aaron thanks for the reply,the two i have seen for sale are both m11 one is no ebay ending tonight and the other one is on military antiques website it has a yellow divisional flash on it i just want to make sure i buy a original one as there not cheap and i dont want to end up with a wrong one-phil

?

Hi Phil, the one on ebay looks ok, not sure about the paint from the pics, maybe just worn. Being 43 dated they normally go for a high price. the other one is ok too, though the yellow square could be post war, hope this helps, if you don't get either of them, just remember, one will always come along. happy hunting.
    Aaron.

?

thanks Aaron,not sure what im going to do,might be a bit risky on ebay if you say your not sure about the paint,i was more of a german collector but as prices are getting high i have branched out to other countries and trying to get a little from each one,i have a para tunic and would have liked a helmet to go with it,does the paint on the one on ebay not look original to you?-thanks phil

?

Hi Phil, It could just be where the paint has worn, if the bolts have'nt been painted then it should be ok. I know a lot of my mates are getting fed up with the high prices of German stuff, & they are buying British.

?

thanks for the help aaron it is much appreciated, yes the german militaria is getting a little silly so there comes a time when you think what to do next, if your a true collector you still find you can collect a varied amount of ww2 militaria at reasonable prices if your not you give up.

?

Quote by phil View Post
    one is no ebay ending tonight
    Do you mean this one?

Personally I don't like the liner and the straps.

?

Post Re: help with ww2 british airborne helmet

Hi, Keep well away from this one Wrong liner, wrong straps.Someones going to spend a lot of money on a load of rubbish.
    Aaron.

I totally agree with you guys

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast