Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home front Helmet and Gasmask!!!!!!

Article about: Here's my Homefront setup,a mk2 in black with "W" to front and back,a nice patina to it,both shell and liner by Briggs Motor Bodies,all in good condition and is the bigger size of

Default Home front Helmet and Gasmask!!!!!!

Here's my Homefront setup,a mk2 in black with "W" to front and back,a nice patina to it,both shell and liner by Briggs Motor Bodies,all in good condition and is the bigger size of 7 1/4,and are both dated 1940,the Auxiliary mask is a later war item dated 1944,again in nice conditon,all comments welcome.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home front Helmet and Gasmask!!!!!!   Home front Helmet and Gasmask!!!!!!  

Home front Helmet and Gasmask!!!!!!   Home front Helmet and Gasmask!!!!!!  

Home front Helmet and Gasmask!!!!!!   Home front Helmet and Gasmask!!!!!!  

Very nice, its unusual to see a civilian duty gasmask with such a late date.. Just out of curiosity, are there other dates such as on the front of the filter and on the back of the head harness? - I wonder if they are 1944 as well.

Good helmet too. I have a set up just like this!

?

Nice helmet & gas mask combo, I've only seen early war dated gas masks like these.

Very cool, really nice display.
    Cheers
    Nuno

A nice display, they look great together on the table, much better than a vase of flowers! Leon.

Cheers guys,Doug I will check,the mask came in its original box with cloth bag and anti-dim tin,there are stamp marks on the box too,leave it with me,and yes Leon its better than a vase,I too Aaron was a bit taken bake at the date,august 44,thanks for your comments......

my my Doug its a double stamp version?all parts dating between 1937-1939,so why the reissue stampings?is this common to see?the mask is 39,so to is the filter,the nose breather is 38 and the lenses are 37,any ideas on this guys?...............

Thanks for checking that. I had rather assumed that these masks were only made in the late 1930's as I have seen quiet a few examples, always with those dates, so I wanted to be sure of the date on yours. I am attaching a picture of one of my masks (with black background) which has no re-issue date. It is interesting to note that in my experience the ones without the re-issue dates always have a different type of filter, that is the one with a red but no green line on it, and usually with the post 1940 extra green filter taped to the front. I have found a few attached images from the web showing re-issue masks with the same type of filter as yours, no green front piece but an additional green line. I had concluded that this was because the old green front filter was being incorporated inside the design on later models and the green band was to show this, but this falls down if your filter has a 30's date. If it had a post 40 date, or no date, I would conclude that these masks were re-issued because the filter was replaced with an updated type. It is not impossible however that these re-issued filters might have recycled earlier dated front or back plates.

So I'm sorry I cant conclude anything for sure.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home front Helmet and Gasmask!!!!!!   Home front Helmet and Gasmask!!!!!!  

Last edited by douglas2496; 05-13-2014 at 09:14 AM.

?

A very nice set up indeed Jake and I can not agree more would rather have this on the table than a vase of flowers any day interesting that the Mk II has the capital W front and back.

Regards Mark

Thanks Doug for the infoI was always aware of the two differant filters but just thought it was down to differant MFG,never knew it was about re-issued masks,and yes Mark thats partly the reason my other half bought it for xmas for me,having front and back markings,cheers everyone for your positive input.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast