Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

home guard helmets

Article about: by tinlid this one has it's factory finish grey I bow to your superior eyesight as it is indeed grey, more obviously so under the liner and it is just dirty on the outside and under the brim

Default Re: home guard helmets

Quote by tinlid View Post
    this one has it's factory finish grey
    I bow to your superior eyesight as it is indeed grey, more obviously so under the liner and it is just dirty on the outside and under the brim which made it look green to my tired out eyes.

Still something of an enigma and after searching images I cannot find any Ambulance marked helmets that look similar to the markings so probably factory guard, though I still have feint hopes that it is HG, though I cannot find any HG helmets marked this way either. The search continues, but the closest I could find was being sold as a factory guard helmet and is shown below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture home guard helmets  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

The No.2's were factory finished:A, black, B,C,D, grey. One of your pictures of the outside did look green but the other looked grey, but the inside was grey.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    The No.2's were factory finished:A, black, B,C,D, grey. One of your pictures of the outside did look green but the other looked grey, but the inside was grey.
    Indeed its grey as you posted.

Can anything be done to preserve the liner, other than keeping it in the house?

You obviously have access to more information than the rest of us, well me anyway and is there a good book on these helmets or is there one coming out soon. I think I remember you mentioning one in another post.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I've never done anything to the liners, just a gentle clean, but there might be something you could put on them but what I don't know. Books, I know of 2 people who are doing them & there's probably a few more out there who might be, just wish they would hurry up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2