Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Homefront police mk2!!!!!!

Article about: wanted a nice example to go with my Warden mk2,so bagged this beauty last nite on fleabay from an acquaintance not far from me.I have a question before I have it in hand,which is the shell a

Default Homefront police mk2!!!!!!

wanted a nice example to go with my Warden mk2,so bagged this beauty last nite on fleabay from an acquaintance not far from me.I have a question before I have it in hand,which is the shell and liner were listed as 1938 but I thought they changed back to the small rectangle chinstrap posts in 1939?also it has a mk2 liner?Is it common to see a 1938 with these components.usually I see the wide cut off cornered posts and oval padded liner on 1938 types,or am I wrong,thanks in advance..........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Homefront police mk2!!!!!!   Homefront police mk2!!!!!!  

Homefront police mk2!!!!!!   Homefront police mk2!!!!!!  

Homefront police mk2!!!!!!  

Shell looks to be dated 193??? so either 38 or 39. Perhaps we need another sticky on chin strap lugs Jake. Two of mine are 39 dated with this type of lug, though both have mki liners, though my Police is also 39 dated on the shell, has cut off lugs and also has a mki liner.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Must be a mixture of parts during change over Jerry.

?

The Mk3 chin strap lugs came in to service in March 39,same year as the Mk2 liner.
    I don't think I've seen a 38 dated shell with Mk3 chin strap lugs, but I suppose it could of happened.
    You often see Mk2 liners stamped Mk1, just where they were using up end of the previous years stock.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Homefront police mk2!!!!!!   Homefront police mk2!!!!!!  

Cheers guys I agree totally with you Aaron,I too have never seen a 38 with mk3 chin posts and judging by the pics only the 193? can be seen so im gonna go with 39 which also ties the mk2 liner in nicely,thanks for the help..........

My Police MKII is the same as Aaron's, 38 on the lugs (&liner) and 39 on the shell, also by the same maker.

Regards,

Jerry

Nice lid Jerry,out of curiosity are the 1938 shells with the mk1 padded liner more desirable than the slightly later types?.........

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Nice lid Jerry,out of curiosity are the 1938 shells with the mk1 padded liner more desirable than the slightly later types?.........
    Probably.

I could not really say Jake, as I bought mine local to me and I paid almost the asking price, you gotta haggle.
    Regards,

Jerry

Well I couldn't haggle being ebay but as I was the only bidder and with a starting price of £35 and taking into account the overall condition personally I felt it was worth that especially as im collecting in person and saving on postage..........

That is a good price for a Police MKII these days Jake. I remember when what seems like not that long back that they were a tenner.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast