Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Insignia or personal touches.

Article about: Attachment 789598Hi to all, I need some help with this lid. Was having a rummage through the spare room, which doubles up as my mini museum and came across this helmet. Had it a while now bu

Default Insignia or personal touches.

Attachment 789598Insignia or personal touches.Insignia or personal touches.Insignia or personal touches.Insignia or personal touches.Insignia or personal touches.Hi to all, I need some help with this lid. Was having a rummage through the spare room, which doubles up as my mini museum and came across this helmet. Had it a while now but have never found out what the symbols ment.

?

Hi, could you do a few close up pictures of the symbols.

Default Close ups of the flashes.

Hi, I can have a go at trying to get the close ups, but I can blow these photos up from the forum site on my laptop. I took the pic's on my phone as I don't have a quality camera. will have a go when I get home. Many thanks for your interest. Regards Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Insignia or personal touches.   Insignia or personal touches.  

Last edited by Steven Macquillin; 01-15-2015 at 09:07 PM.

?

Hi Steve IMO these are personal touches the the art work on the anchor looks to be out of proportion to my eyes and does not match up with the initials and or the writing to the size and the font I wonder if the art work could have been done by a member of the Sea Cadets this was the first thing that came to mind.
    As to the butterfly my opinion is the same for me this does not take away from the helmet at all as they both look to have been applied some time ago and I would happily display it in my collection as it would make a good conversation piece.

Regards Mark