Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting Mk IV Helmet

Article about: Just back from our long weekend break at Butlins Bognor, as habits are hard to break, I of course went to the local carboot in Bognor on Sunday morning and picked up this interesting MkIV he

Default Interesting Mk IV Helmet

Just back from our long weekend break at Butlins Bognor, as habits are hard to break, I of course went to the local carboot in Bognor on Sunday morning and picked up this interesting MkIV helmet, I could see no liner marking/date but it had a good sand finish and signs of 3x layers of paint, so purchased it for £10.
    Back at our accomodation, I had a closer look and upon turning the rubber cruciform on the liner there appeared 1945 and on the opposite side size 7. The paint appears to be green, tan and then brown.
    I can't see any makers marks in the shell, but will try to lift the liner out and have a look.
    So ended one of my better weeks collecting, in the space of this week I have picked up a sleeper DAK german helmet, a civil defence "Local Controller" (see link below) and this one.

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting Mk IV Helmet   Interesting Mk IV Helmet  

Interesting Mk IV Helmet  

?

Hi Gary missed this one somehow and you are right it is an interesting Mk IV I have been after a tan painted example to add to my collection for some time now this one has obviously had a long service life and I really like the wear and patina on this lid if you post up a couple of pics of the end joints and spot welds on the rim there is a good chance of getting the manufacturer ID.

Regards Mark

Great find!....

Superb 1945 dated helmet, especially as it was only a tenner! Leon.