Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Irish WW2+ helmets (military & Civil)

Article about: ...'been thinking....does ANYONE specifically collect WW2+ Irish steel and Compo helmets? There's a great selection out there but the only time I seem to see them is when they've been bought

Default Irish WW2+ helmets (military & Civil)

...'been thinking....does ANYONE specifically collect WW2+ Irish steel and Compo helmets?

There's a great selection out there but the only time I seem to see them is when they've been bought mistakenly for something else. I don't mean having one or two.....I mean actually COLLECT them....(and I don't mean that hideous Vickers thingy :-) )

..it's always puzzled me.......especially in the CD / Home Front space......

Not here, boss. For me a MKII or III/IV/V is pretty much the same thing whether or not it has an Irish regional command badge painted on it or not. Or is painted CD white (or even black).

The Orlite is a bit different because if you can find a good clean one (rarer than you think) it will have an Irish Army label inside. So therefore actually *different* to anything else. (Good grief.) I haven't had hands on with the Irish Rabintex so I dunno. But without a label is it any different from any other Rabintex 303? And don't get started on that cloth covers thing. It's the helmet I'm interested in, not a bit of textile.

And the Vickers M27 is of course a *genuine* original and while it may resemble the German M16 is not the same thing at all.

Of course that doesn't mean a collection of Irish helmets would be a bad thing. If I were Irish I'd certainly have one.