Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

leading fireman nfs worcester helmet

Article about: just to share my national firemans helmet,perhaps fuelled by the recent interest in home front helmets and after viewing many a nice example i decided to take the plunge with this one , i wa

Default leading fireman nfs worcester helmet

just to share my national firemans helmet,perhaps fuelled by the recent interest in home front helmets and after viewing many a nice example i decided to take the plunge with this one , i was really hoping this code 23 denoted colwyn bay a place not to far from home but all the same good to have an example to the collection i dont intend on collecting them all Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	313.8 KB 
ID:	759877Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	327.3 KB 
ID:	759876Click image for larger version. 

Name:	011.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	330.8 KB 
ID:	759875

?

Good on you James it should display quite good and what do you meen your not going to collect all the different districts
    Something I never noticed till now are all the NFS helmets rimless or raw edge?

Regards Mark
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

A nice score James.

As regards Marks question I think most are the normal rimmed type.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks Jerry thought it looked a little odd just did not have time to look at a bunch of other examples as I am supposed to be working right now

Regards Mark
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

Hi James, a very nice helmet mate , looks good rimless too! Mark, most of the NFS helmets I have seen have the rim, here's mine to compare. Leon.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a1 003.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	759878Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a1 001.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	759879
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

thanks guys ,oh darn it my rims fallen offjust my luck but perhaps this happened during period use i cant see any maker stamps in the shell but the liner has the briggs motor bodies stamp embossed into the liner crusible ,cheers fellas ,james

?

James the paint on the exterior appears to go right to the outer edge of the rim so it either is a rimless and or was repainted period.

Regards Mark

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    James the paint on the exterior appears to go right to the outer edge of the rim so it either is a rimless and or was repainted period.

Regards Mark
    I agree with Mark , I do not think this ever had a rim James. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

It is probably one of the rimless BMB made examples which often have it stamped into the rim somewhere.

Perhaps we will have to start a thread on AFS/NFS helmets to go with those for Wardens and Police that we have yet to start.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Good to see the Homefront fever has taken hold in Wales James,well done on joining the HFECG.............
    Homefrontelitecollectorsgroup.........
    With Regards Jake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast