Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Liner treatment ?

Article about: I was wondering if you guys used anything to soften brittle helmet liners ? My MkII barn fresh helmet , has a very brittle liner that I'm hoping to soften up somehow . Any advice ? Thanks fo

Good luck!

Good morning all
    I fully agree with Chris,I also noticed that helmets in my collection are degrading, and why not, heat and humidity are still affecting them as they are not in a controlled environment ,but I believe that by giving them the treatment that we have been talking about ,will give them a new lease of life,I am also really impressed from the photos of the liner before and after it was treated as from the after photo ,the liner looks like new,all my liners are really brittle but I will try the vaseline treatment and see what happens, thank you all for the advise and tips you give and have a nice day

Thank you for the kind words Joe . I hope you'll post some before and after shoots of your helmets . As for the fear wax might hurt decals , I've found my "Conservator's Wax" it states on the container can be used on , painted surfaces ,finished wood ,leather , plastics , photographs even paper to name a few . This would be a much higher end , pure wax , museum quality , and expensive . I believe it came from " Lee Valley Tools " here in Canada . I have a painted decal Brodie with family connections that I am going to use conservators wax on , I'll share the results . Have a great day .
    Cheers Chris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123