Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

LNER MKII Home Front Helmet

Article about: Evening gents, after what must be around a good year of looking at this helmet, I have finally "pushed" the buy button! It is a nice named MKII lid to the London North Eastern Rail

Default LNER MKII Home Front Helmet

Evening gents, after what must be around a good year of looking at this helmet, I have finally "pushed" the buy button! It is a nice named MKII lid to the London North Eastern Railway, and the only reason I did not snap it up in the first place was that it seemed expensive at £75! Times have changed but the price was the same, so "snapped up" (eventually) it was. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LNER MKII Home Front Helmet   LNER MKII Home Front Helmet  

Attached Images Attached Images LNER MKII Home Front Helmet 

A nice Helmet Leon, did you know Aaron has a MKII LNER for sale on his website but it doesnt have the stencil like yours so a good find and thanks for posting it.

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    A nice Helmet Leon, did you know Aaron has a MKII LNER for sale on his website but it doesnt have the stencil like yours so a good find and thanks for posting it.
    Morning all, I have seen Aarons example, it is a very nicely named helmet and at a good price. Leon.

Hi Aaron, I have access to some Railway records. Just confirm the man's name for me.

I have always had an interest in steam era railways. Some nice item.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

There are a few fakes of these helmets, but what I can see it looks good to me. Price is ok because of the scarcity of railway marked helmets.
    My one comes from March East in Cambridgeshire, and belonged to J.Rightly. Can you find out where your one was used Leon?
    Ade, any info on the person would be great.

OK, I am on the case...
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

No record of anyone with the surname "Rightly" in the Railway Employment records 1833 - 1956.

?

Pretty sure that's the name, but I'm away at the moment so only looking at name on my mobile.
    Plus the glare from the walls around the pool, it's a hard life but someone's got to do it.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Pretty sure that's the name, but I'm away at the moment so only looking at name on my mobile.
    Plus the glare from the walls around the pool, it's a hard life but someone's got to do it.
    Is it J. Knightly?

For Leon's helmet.

I have found a "John Baiton Harwood". He is a good candidate for you man.

Born 1914. He joined the LNER in 1930. Position of Porter / Signalman. In 1939 he was based at "Tumby Woodside" station in Lincs, about 20 miles from Sleaford.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LNER MKII Home Front Helmet  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast