Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Helmet Liner.

Article about: What a find! A new antiques shop opened up near me recently, and I had just got my check for going to camp so I was all set. The place sells a little bit of everything: Advertising, old came

Default M1 Helmet Liner.

What a find!

A new antiques shop opened up near me recently, and I had just got my check for going to camp so I was all set. The place sells a little bit of everything: Advertising, old cameras, radios, even a TV from the '60s. But the thing that catches my eye the most was the militaria he was selling. I picked up a few nice items like a WWII British Canteen with some mothing to the cover but otherwise fine, and a USAF Sage Shirt dated 1956 with the original Master Sergeant rank stripes and name "Sexton" which I might look into later. But the items I was most excited about were two M1 Helmet Liners I picked up. They are identical so I am posting pictures of only one of them. Paid 30 dollars each for these. My only problem is I don't know what era it is from and what the insignia painted on the side mean. One of the liners have a neck nape. I assume that it was painted there for maybe parade purposes at a Fort? You tell me, because as much as I love my M1 Helmets, I know next to nothing about liners. Sorry for the poor quality pictures, I took these in a rush because I had to go..

?

They moved to this webbing and liner during the Vietnam era and were used until the 80's.

That's odd for the insignias. The Follow Me is from Fort Benning for the Infantry school, and the other s for the Artillery school at Fort Sill in Oklahoma.