Become our sponsor and display your banner here

M1 Helmet Liner Make ?

Article about: Not sure if any one could help with this, I have what I think is a US M1 helmet not ww2, but the liner marking I can`t match with anything , ( internet searches etc ) I have included some ph

Default M1 Helmet Liner Make ?

Not sure if any one could help with this, I have what I think is a US M1 helmet not ww2, but the liner marking I can`t match with anything , ( internet searches etc ) I have included some photo`s poor quality I`m afraid, although saying this the markings are very faint, it looks like a cross with what I first thought was JS and then a number the other side, but looking closer it could be US the letters are in the top half left and the number/s are int the top half right, it also has faint writing on the webbing strap at the back of the liner, any help would be appriciated... thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	this.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	242.8 KB 
ID:	551476

Capac a cross emblem Westinghouse a W in circle and FIrestone with F are three that comes to mind let some of the M-1 helmet collectors weigh in I just gave you three I have seen in WW2 era M-1 helmets there may be others. I don't have any close up of them to show you there is a M-1 helmet site that tells a lot about them. If you post a picture you will get your question answered. I'm not quite sure what you are asking. timothy