Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Ingersoll helmet

Article about: I just aquired an M1 helmet with a heat stamp of I 235. I know the "I" is for Ingersoll but i'm used to seeing these with 4 digit numbers. I checked carefully for a 4th digit. Coul

?

Default M1 Ingersoll helmet

I just aquired an M1 helmet with a heat stamp of I 235. I know the "I" is for Ingersoll but i'm used to seeing these with 4 digit numbers. I checked carefully for a 4th digit. Could this be an earlier model perhaps made in the late 1950's. It has Vietnam era chinstraps with the anchor stamp.M1 Ingersoll helmetM1 Ingersoll helmetM1 Ingersoll helmetM1 Ingersoll helmet

?

Here's another pic with the 23. The I and 5 did not come out.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Ingersoll helmet  

Check that the ''I'' it's not a ''1''....so you will have four numbers.....check also the height of the shell...may be I'm wrong but from the photo it seems to be a little tall for a nam era...... check what I have said and wait for the real experts.....

?

Well the "I" looks like a "1" but it's nearly an inch away from the "2". The rust spot next to the 3 is a 5. Right before the rust spot where the 2 is marks the I. I'm sure there must have been lower digit numbers during the early production. Most Vietnam era numbers I have encountered have 4 digits which are from the 60's. I believe mine is from the 50's. Any thoughts?

Well my dear friend I can say that if it's a mccord shell with a number 1235 you should have a late ww2 shell.If it's a mc cord...but if the ''1'' or ''I'' it's an inch distant from the 2 ...it's difficult.
    The colour doesn't seem a Nam era...( if the photos do not deceive....).
    I think it's a 50's shell, I have one that is identical to your so I' m curious and I wait with you for some real expert that can help us because I'm studying this shells on line and with books but I have yet to learn....