Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Steel Pot Helmet Identification

Article about: A few weeks ago, I have purchased an M1 Steel Pot Helmet and M1 Liner from two different sellers, the liner I know for a fact came from the Vietnam war as the original owner had given it to

Default M1 Steel Pot Helmet Identification

A few weeks ago, I have purchased an M1 Steel Pot Helmet and M1 Liner from two different sellers, the liner I know for a fact came from the Vietnam war as the original owner had given it to the seller. The shell I am not too sure. I know for a fact it isn't WWII, as the stamp number is over 1300. The stamp number is 8582. An estimate of the date this helmet was stamped would be appreciated. Thanks!

Do you have pictures? Need to know for sure it is an American m1 and not a European clone.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Can't see a photo of the heat stamp but from the shape of it I think it's a European post war shell. The brow looks more pronounced on post war shells and the swivel bales look different to the US pattern.

Okay, thanks a lot, it's a shame it isn't American. Just one more question.. Is 95 dollars (Canadian) worth it? I would like to know.

Quote by MedicalAmmunitionCrate View Post
    Okay, thanks a lot, it's a shame it isn't American. Just one more question.. Is 95 dollars (Canadian) worth it? I would like to know.
    If that price is just for the shell then no it isn't worth it. But wait for some more opinions on the pictures you posted, just because they aren't good enough for me to make an accurate ID doesn't mean that someone else might know better. Can you post a photo of the heat stamp?