Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1917's

Article about: by helmetone Those two helmets are great! Such a classic look. You won't be able to sell either of those they are so nice. I went out and bought one just to have one, now I have two M1917s a

?

Default M1917's

I thought I'd show a couple of M1917 lids I acquired from the States a while ago. I usually collect M1's, but I thought that I'd have one of these to put on the far left of the shelves to enhance the display chronologically. I ended up with two of 'em!
    Anyway, the first is marked for the 33'rd Infantry Division (Engineers.) There are some traces of yellow paint remaining inside the cross decal.
    The second is marked 36'th Infantry Division, the "T Patchers." (Texans, bless 'em!)
    Both are in pretty good condition. The photos will enlarge quite well.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1917's   M1917's  

M1917's   M1917's  

M1917's   M1917's  

M1917's   M1917's  

M1917's   M1917's  

M1917's   M1917's  

M1917's   M1917's  

M1917's  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Default Re: M1917's

really great lids andy,would too like to own one just for the collection as well as a m17a kelly to boot,one day me thinks,regards dave.

?

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    really great lids andy,would too like to own one just for the collection as well as a m17a kelly to boot,one day me thinks,regards dave.
    Thanks for the reply Dave, I was beginning to think I was boring people with all these helmets.
    Well I have two of 'em, I know I should sell one really but I can't decide which one. I like them both, and in all my time collecting I have never sold a lid!
    If you do get the urge to own one one day mate, drop me a line and I will make an exception for you! I'll probably have them years from now still trying to decide which one to move on

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

thanks andy dont hang on too tightly im just around the corner and well who knows sooner could be here quicker than you think.cheers for thinking of me,i too have felt a bit out in the cold on here,must be me age mate,regards dave.

?

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    thanks andy dont hang on too tightly im just around the corner and well who knows sooner could be here quicker than you think.cheers for thinking of me,i too have felt a bit out in the cold on here,must be me age mate,regards dave.
    I think we've scared everybody away Dave!

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Those are 2 very nice WWI division helmets friend.
    I would keep them both.

Very nice lids Andy.......

I should really stop for a moment and take the time to research, find and invest in a nice M1917 like these. We've got one but its pretty doggy, you get what you pay for no doubt. All the ones I come across at local shops all look like the flash was painted on them an hour before I arrived......... Russ

Hello, very nice helmets mate! both are in very good condition. Can you give me more info about the yellow cross insignia with the black circle?what it means?

Cheers.

?

Quote by XxAmilcaRxX View Post
    Hello, very nice helmets mate! both are in very good condition. Can you give me more info about the yellow cross insignia with the black circle?what it means?

Cheers.
    Of course, no problem. I think it is better explained here than by me!
    33rd Infantry Division (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Those two helmets are great! Such a classic look. You won't be able to sell either of those they are so nice. I went out and bought one just to have one, now I have two M1917s and two Kelly's and I don't see any end in sight. I need more, and so will you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast