Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M26 French helmet

Article about: Here is an example not often seen, at least not in its' original French configuration. Most of these were shipped off, repainted, re-linered, well basically messed with by other countries. T

Default M26 French helmet

Here is an example not often seen, at least not in its' original French configuration. Most of these were shipped off, repainted, re-linered, well basically messed with by other countries. The WW1 M16-17 Adrian model are a lot more common to see these days. This one still has its' maker ink mark "XXX Paris 1926" inside on the shell. I was told by a couple of collectors the brass screw chinstrap "lug" is perfectly acceptable & occasionally seen.
    This now completes my International collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M26 French helmet   M26 French helmet  

M26 French helmet   M26 French helmet  

M26 French helmet  

A nice lid! A shame we don't see more French helmets here. They're very visually appealing, but don't appear to be that popular for whatever reason.

Regards, B.B.

Hi BB
    I think they are somewhat cool looking. I always liked the "Horizon Blue" painted M16 from WW1. But finding one of those is next to impossible
    Thanks my friend, David

I like this 26 helmet.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

That's one cool looking bottom shelf, and somewhat of a talking point in itself
    Nick

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    A nice lid! A shame we don't see more French helmets here. They're very visually appealing, but don't appear to be that popular for whatever reason.

Regards, B.B.
    Brodie... the Adrian does appear at fairly regular intervals, but you need to scroll down... and down... and down... until you finally get past all that nasty WW2 stuff and reach the WW1 section.

Cheers,
    Steve

MAP
    ?

Nice one David.

While I have a US Field Service Adrian, I do not yet own a French M16 or M26. I just can't find them here.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice one Mate, one of mine also has the brass chin strap screw, so no problem there.

Sorry but I have to show one that must have been made on a Friday! (left and note the comb position)

I am guilty of once having no interest in these iconic helmets. I had one but sold it on years ago for very little money. Only took one crappy photo of it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M26 French helmet  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast